Thursday, March 13, 2008

A long time gone

Ach! Where have we been? NOwhere. Just not in the mood to blog. Sorry to all my adoring fans out there....oh yes, I know there are one or two of you....there must be. :)

It's nearly impossible to blog when Carter is awake (as he is right now screeching and trying to climb in my lap). I don't know why I thought Sesame Street would keep him occupied while mommy actually did something! Anyway, we had the mo-in-laws visit over the weekend. Of course a joy, as usual. I've barely gotten to spend time with my husband since he has been working so much overtime and he is now out of town. Our weekend was spent entertaining other people so we had zero mommy-daddy time. Oh the seething resentment.

I will try not to let such a long gap in my family updates happen again. It throws me off, too.

So? What's new with little man C? His new favorite word is "No". I know toddlers like to say no but he is taking it to a whole nutha level. I find that I must school my facial expression before I ask him a question because inevitably I end up smiling or laughing at how darn cute he can be. He doesn't just say "No", he sing-songs it...like "NooOOO" in this tiny sweet voice. I don't know, it might be one of those things only a mom appreciates.

So there has been a grand coupe de'tat. The rule of the Wiggles has been overturned by the upstart Barney, who comes from lands unknown. Barney is a Benevolent Ruler and we hope for many months of peace under his reign. Long live the purple dinosaur.

Other popular characters in our young mans life are Elmo (of course) and Cookie Monster (pronounced "DeeDa-Dasmer"). We now have an interest in Thomas the Tank but he doesn't have much patience for the videos yet. He loves to listen for the trains and when he hears one he cups his hand to his ear and says "Choo Choo!" and does the bell-pull motion with his other hand. At our house you can vaguely hear them if you are very quiet....a rarety, I assure you. :)

Yesterday he played in his sandbox for the first time since the fall. He loved it!

Anyway, those are a bit disjointed hmmmm? Whatever. I must be quick. More to come later or tomorrow. I swear.

1 comment: