I haven't had a friggin pedicure in 3 years. My feet look like an old womans. Ya know, when they get those deep grooves in them and they are sorta wrinkly looking. Wtf. Plus I can't paint my toenails properly. I get it all over and then they are only shiny for about a day...then they start chipping and looking dingy again. I want pretty feet back. Is that too much to ask?
Anyway, it looks like things are starting to look more normal around here. Carter seems to be on the mend and Kevin groaned his way into work, late morning (he's still not 100%). Only one good thing has come out of this sickness and it was forced upon us but I would like to declare that our youngster has slept in a bed for his nap for 9 days now. Woohoo. I'm figuring after 2 weeks he won't remember anything else, kinda like the weaning process. Baby steps people!
I feel totally out of the loop since we haven't seen anyone or really done anything lately. It's very disorienting. I owe many people some callbacks, as well. Once again I question how the hell I'm supposed to function when I have two little ones. I have friends who do it so I know it's possible....but I have this seed of doubt in my mind whenever I look around my oh-so-messy-I-need-to-vacuum house. I'm thinking of inventing a Mommy Bulldozer for all the toys that are strewn about because by the time I'm finished picking them all up off the floor I'm too damned tired to vacuum. It also doesn't help that my "assistant" just follows behind me and throws them back on the floor again.
Then of course there are the "hmmm, wouldn't it be fun to crush these rice chex under my feet?" days and the "this floor is ugly! I bet if I color all over it it will look better" (in this case he's probably right...must get new flooring!)
Have you ever wondered why is costs money to be organized? You would think proper organization is more of a mind-set or a habit kinda like putting away all your clothes. But it's not. I did the math on all the files, bins, dividers, containers and/or stacking boxes that would make my life easier and realized that I would poor pooor poooor if I purchased all that crap. No wonder my dad made those cinder block and wood plank bookshelves when I was a kid (nice and kid friendly, huh?) This is why I refuse to watch those stupid "Get organized" or "Clean house" shows on TLC.
Anyway, I've begun to babble. Tired. Headache. Hey, at least I'm not sick with anything. Mind over body, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Mommy Bulldozer!!!" - the next Big Idea for the Donnie Douach or whatever-his-name-is-program. I think it's a homerun!!!
I just love reading your blogs, Li'l Lady.
Post a Comment