Hi Daddy. Daddy? You come home...um, have dinner wi' us? .......... Otay, play ahside wi' me?........... Luf you too, daddy.
*****
Every morning Carter rolls over and murmurs sleepily "Luf you too Mommy"....sometimes before his eyes are even open. He will then silky my arm and hug Owen, whom I am probably nursing in bed at this point. He's too sweet. It makes up for the two toddler, ninja feet I have in my back most of the night.
*****
New Year's Eve, at a friends house doing sparklers for the very first time with Daddy: Kevin explains that you need to hold it very far away from your body like all the other kids. No! Meeeeee! No, Iiiiii doooo it! (Carter then wrestles sparkler away from Kevin and puts it right up towards his own face, Kevin grabs it but takes a hit on the arm.....nicely melting his fleece jacket)
*****
We were putting Carter to bed last night and I realized that my child has developed a new skill. Lying. I had just finished telling him a story about an oversized elephant that was self-conscious about his size and how all of his animal friends each were different in their own way....blah blah blah. (Yes, I'm shooting for my stories having a moral to be learned) My pint-sized guy yawned really big and hugged his Glow Bear, gave me his Wonder Pet to cuddle with and this is the following conversation:
Carter (whispering in his tiniest voice): Mama, stay here. I be riiiiight back.(patting my shoulder in reassurance he started getting up)
Me: No way, Jose. It's bedtime.Carter: I need to get blanket. Um, biiiiiig blanket Santa gave me.....
Me (thinking): Santa never got you a blanket....
Carter: Uh.......yeah....be riiiight back. Get... (searching his brain)....uh, somefing.
Me: Fine. Hurry back then.
Carter: Otay, I hurry. Bery bery bery fast. (He then climbed out of bed, and I let him just to see where this was going. The little stinker tiptoed to the den and told Kevin he was there to watch football with him)
******
When Owen cries, I will hear Carter say stuff like this: Is otay Owen, mama be right back. Or: I right here Owen, no cry... riiiight here.
*****Owen's favorite thing to do is mirror time. We make silly faces and he has baby hysterics. Is there anything cuter than baby laughs? I think not.
*****Carter's favorite games to play: Hide and Seek and Follow Me! When we play hide and seek it's hilarious because he will hide in some of the most obvious places. Some of our favorites include laying on the carpet with a throw rug over his face (classic), or standing next to the bed with the comforter pulled over his head so that all you see is his tiny body quivering with suppressed laughter. Plus whenever he counts you have to run like hell to find a spot because he starts chasing you before he's reached ten. No patience this kid. The other game is more like follow the leader but it involves a belt of some kind or a rope. He takes one end and starts walking around. You take the other end and follow him. The funny part is that he tells you how to follow him, ie. "walk dis way" or "step here and then here, mommy". Ahhh, my little Stalin.
*****
Me: Carter, do you want to play with your friend so-and-so tomorrow?
Carter: Yea! She es me Faaaave-weet! (hugging his chest and swinging side to side)
*****
The most common expressions currently in use around our house are:
Soo. Much. Fuuuun!
_____ (insert, friend, book, toy, food) es my Faaave-weet!
Do you looove it? or Daddy/Mommy/Baby Owen looove it!
I berry, berry, berry sorry, Mama.
Let's go berry, berry, berry fast!
Luf you too, mama. (usually out of the blue and involving a hug on the leg or arm)
No comments:
Post a Comment