My, oh my! What a happy little bug! My little Owen is such a sweetpea. He's everywhere these days! His long arms reaching and grabbing anything and everything. His favorite things to try to tangle his pianist fingers around are my face and his older brother's hair. Carter just thinks this is hilarious. Owen loves his brother. I can't get over how much he will just watch Carter and how he'll try to wildly tackle him whenever he is near. He gets such a kick out of his older sibling that even when Carter is throwing a tantrum I'll hear a chuckle out of the little one.
It is really such a personality flip from my first child that I am amazed everyday. He is a happy-go-lucky baby with googly grins, quiet and sweet smiles, and a developing jokesters belly laugh. When he wakes up in the middle of the night I usually hear him talking to himself and even laughing sometimes. And of course when I stumble bleary-eyed into the room he laughs hysterically and his arms reach for me with glee.
When I was contemplating taking Carter back to Mommy & Me I was worried about how the little tag-a-long would do. I needn't have bothered because our Owie man is wild about the class. Today we actually just sang to Owen while he sat proudly in his Bumbo seat, drooling and smiling for everybody (Carter was feeling shy and told everyone "No sing Toh-Toh! Sing Owen! and hid behind the stroller). Once I get him in the Baby Bjorn he gets to "dance" around with the rest of us. I'm so glad they both seem to get so much out of the one class. It lessens my mother's guilt for not being able to focus specific one-on-one time with my new little guy. I have been surprised how happy Carter is about the situation, as well. He doesn't mind if I'm holding Owen while dancing with him, just as long as I'm holding his hand. Carter will often run over and check up on his baby brother and pat his head. Owen will just try to angle his mouth to try to eat his hand. Haha.
I think our wee little one has begun teething, though. Ugh.
I'm one lucky mama.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment