Monday, January 5, 2009

Toh-Toh vs. Toh

I have lots of little quickies building up in my brain from the last couple of weeks. Here is one:

Previously Carter referred to himself as Toh. I don't know why. I guess he just can't say his name yet. Anyway, if anyone asked him his name he would shyly put his chin to his chest and whisper "Toh" and then they would look at me like "huh?" and I would say "His name's Carter." Well, recently he has graduated from Toh to Toh-Toh.
I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't necessarily encourage this mispronounciation but my goodness, it's pretty cute. Especially because he will talk about himself in the third person sometimes like "Toh-Toh's hat? Just like daddy hat?", etc...
I love it. I can't help it. When he grows out of it and actually says his name clearly I think I will cry a little because that will mean he's a big kid and he will never be this little again. Can't I just bottle his cuteness up right now to savor later when he is a gangly, sulking teenager?

No comments: