Monday, November 17, 2008

My boys

"Meeeee hold baby?" Carter asks, arms extended in heartfelt plea. :)
"Sure, sit on the couch", I say.
So he plops down and I set Owen in his lap while I also give a little baby head-support.
He pulls out his Chuck E. Cheese gold medallion that he is wearing and dangles it over Owen, "Like? Baby? Like ChuckCheeeese? Baby Owen? Like?" (he is very caring)
He then removes medallion and "gives" it to his brother. Since Owen isn't exactly grasping this exchange he says "Off!" and gets up to put the medallion in the baby's bassinet. Then he turns and says "More hold baby!".
All the while Owen is just kicking and smiling.
Damn cute kids I have.

*****

Kevin has these long-john type pj's for the winter...like the old west style with the butt flap. Ya know the red ones we all had as a kid in the north? Anyway, Carter has two pairs of jammies that are one-piece and red. (one is a detroit red wings and the other has some trucks on them) So he calls them his "Like Dada" jammies. God forbid they be in the wash on the nights he needs to dress "Like Dada!!!".
Tonight he has his Red Wings jammies on until he saw me put on my blue winter polar bear set. Now he is trying to undress himself and saying "No like Dada....Like Mama!!! Blue bears like Mama!!"
I told him I would buy him some blue bears tomorrow. Oh yeah, like we need another set of jammies....I think we have 5. That is quite enough in my opinion.

*****

Tonight we put on the DVD Crackling Fireplace and some Christmas music. We danced in the living room and sang Jingle Bells and I told Carter not to touch the TV because it was "Hot". (teehee, I'm a bad mother messing around with him) He got serious and nodded his head then tentatively walked up to it and blew really hard....to cool it off, I guess. Haha. Anyway, I told him I was joking and that it was a TV fire so it was cool. As if he didn't believe me he slowly put his hand on the screen and then looked back at me and laughed....in relief?

*****

Owen smells so gosh darn good I could just inhale him all day. That child is truly a sweetie pie. Kinda makes me think about a third......just kidding.
He loves to smile and "talk" to me when he is on his changing table and he grips me with his long fingers like a baby monkey. I love it. I think he actually said his first word the other day..... "Hi". Haha. I leaned in and said "Hi" and he squawked "Hi" right back. It was funny and I had to call Kevin in to tell him we had a genius child. Only 6 weeks old and talking...that's a record, right?

I'm afraid he doesn't do much yet to blog about but he is still trying to make sense of us crazy folk. Poor thing, being born into this Madhouse! :)

No comments: