Little known fact about my husband: Most meals he eats with chopsticks. Strange you might think? Japanese upbringing you may wonder?
No. He feels they are more efficient tools. *Shrug*
Okay, to each his own. We all have our quirks.
However, we enter into problems when I set the table with cutlery because not every meal calls for chopsticks. Do I know which ones do? Sometimes...other times I am confused. It is a standing joke in this house that I will set his place with chopsticks for odd meals....like pancakes. This he finds funny. But there are other times that I am generally perplexed at his choice. Like last night we had chili and rice. I would guess spoon. I don't know; call me a freak for guessing this one. He surprised me with chopsticks so I comment "Chopsticks for chili?! That's weird..." or somesuch thing. Well, he says that I am being rude. Rude? Okaaaay. I guess I'm a dolt but I totally didn't think I was being rude, I just genuinely thought it odd and felt that I could relay this to the man I sleep with at night, the man who fathered my children and the man I pledged to spend my life with... Hmmm. Maybe I need to read Emily Post's rules of etiquette, again.
We do differ on what we consider rude though. I think it's rude when he ignores me for the current game on t.v., for example, or when he is late for an event. Hey, we aren't all on the same page. Different upbringing's breed different opinions.
So essentially, according to my husbands Rules of Etiquette it is okay to show up someplace 3 hours late but comment on someone's choice of eating utensil? *Gasp* That is going too far, my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!
haha. i didn't know kevin likes chopsticks that much. chopsticks with chilli...yes !!
Post a Comment