Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why I love him so much

So a friend says to me at dinner the other night "Where is this bad child that you blog about so much?" and I look over at my angelic toddler....sitting in the restaurant highchair, playing with his hot wheels, smiling, eating his breadsticks and calmly awaiting his pizza....and I shrug, because I have no idea. I have a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde child.
I must say that the last few days he has been pretty good. The night terrors seem to be lessening somewhat and the tantrums are slightly more manageable....slightly. The only issue we are still having is the destructive behavior when he is angry. Sigh. He is a boy.

Funny things he's said in the past few days:

Climbing up the changing table as I'm changing Owen's diaper he begins to point to the baby's features and name them and compare them to his own "Eyes. Chin. Cheek. Nose......" then turning to me and pointing "Mama, BIG nose!". Ahhhh, thank you my darling child. geez.

Pointing to Kevin's beer, he says "Dada's beer" (we haven't taught him this word...he's a sponge)
Mommy then sighs from exhausting day and says "Lawd, I need a drink" Carter quickly says "NOooo! Me drink!" with a very offended look. (Sure, maybe he'll go to bed earlier with a hot toddy or two. haha)

While watching me nurse Owen he climbs up to my other side and says "Baby drink mama milk?" and I say "Yep". He thinks for a minute and says "Hmm, Me drink Mama milk!". So I smile and say "Um suuure, in a minute...." He then leans down very slowly (while looking at me out of the corner of his eye) to where my stomach is exposed slightly and puts his mouth on it kinda near my belly button. He then leans back smacking his lips and rubbing his tummy saying "MMmmmmm, gooood!". I busted out laughing at my funny child. He's a goofball.

No comments: