I'm too tired to blog. My eyes are little balls of sandpaper and I'm hunchbacked over the keyboard. Ohhhh woe is me.
My guys wore me out today in alternating screaming matches. It was quite an opera.
Anywhoo, for the sake of historical blogging context, the news is full of some crazy crap right now ever since Obama won the '08 election. I find myself half rolling my eyes and half nodding my head. The funniest thing for me is that I never told anyone how I voted; not even my older sister or my husband. Now if they asked me I suppose I would tell them....or maybe not...but I find it humorous to hear their opinions of how I would have voted. My sister the Republican says she is pretty sure she knows who I voted for (meaning she thinks I voted Democrat) and my Liberal Democrat husband says he thinks we are a House Divided (meaning he thinks I voted Republican). Hmmm. I wonder who knows me best....
I guess I'm pretty middle of the road so it's hard to guess. :)
Now. On to the stars of the show.
Owen has become super-strong baby and he is such a sweetie pie. He actually will just lay there sometimes and "hang out". I find this extraordinary when I compare how Carter was at this age. Poor Carter had reflux and colic and who knows what else but he cried unless I was holding or nursing him. Owen is fine just laying by himself. Sometimes I'll catch him smiling and "talking" to himself. Funny. He recently started the baby squawk/laugh. I love it. I've officially fallen head over heels in love with him. Last night he went to sleep at 8pm and didn't wake up again til 2am...this is nice. He has been pretty predictable in his sleep patterns already. This is very good. I must thank him when he is older. Carter didn't do that...ever....well, until he was fully weaned at 15 months. They are so different.
Just the other day I was showering and I had a flashback to my early baby days with Carter. Here I was just showering in peace while Owen sat in his bouncy and looking around, Carter was playing and Kevin was doing laundry.... and I'm remembering.... This doesn't sound weird to most of you but I must reflect on those days with my oldest youngster and I laugh because I couldn't even shower until the evening time when Kevin got home. He would hold Carter and walk him around while he screamed just so I could have 10 minutes to myself. I couldn't even put him down long enough to shower without the earsplitting, choking screams! Wow. I must have been a wreck. Here I am with two now and it is so much easier in some ways. That makes no sense but I'm not arguing. I'm just happy things are the way they are.
Carter has been showing his brother lots of love lately. He is getting much better at being gentle with him but sometimes he wants me to put Owen on "da otter side" so he can get the good mama cuddles in. I try to accomodate his needs; my poor sensitive child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment