Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Holidays

Well, hate to be a Debbie Downer but I'm not much of a fan of Thanksgiving these days... I think I've felt this way ever since November 26th, 2003 when my mother passed away. So today marks 5 years of life without her. I suppose I should feel thankful that I had 26 years of my life to know her and love her. :)
Thanks Mom, for all you taught me, for all the love you gave me, and for all the wonderful memories I have to revisit in my head. Miss you everyday.

Anyway, holidays make me miss my family all the more. Woe is me, right?

Well, Christmas is officially around the corner! It's my favorite holiday (as it was my mother's). I become totally bipolar and my emotions begin to fluxuate between extreme giddiness (because deep down I'm still 14) and despondency whenever I think too much about missing my mom or the rest of my family. I'll put on Christmas cd's and I never can tell how they will affect me. Will I start crying because the memories are flooding in? Or will the warmth and joy of the season just flow over me. *shrug* It's a crapshoot. Coockoo.
Anyway, as it stands right now, I'm excited to get Thanksgiving over with and Christmas started.
Now I just have to find the time to wrap presents.... aww hell.

No comments: