Sunday, February 1, 2009

Boy Oh Boy


Just look at those rosy cheeks! My sweet baby. I wish ya'll could just lean in and smell him and then put your cheeck against his....He'd have you wrapped around his little finger. Do you know he sings himself to sleep? Sings! Can you believe it? How did I get so lucky?


I just watched some old videos from Carter's first year. I cried. I honestly was taken completely by surprise at the emotions that bubbled up as I watched him blow out his first birthday candle and mangle his first cupcake. I'm a wuss. I can't believe my boy is so big now. Just look at him up there! He's a kid. Now I'm looking at my little Owen like he is going to all of a sudden morph into a three year old and it scares me. I want them to stay babies but yet I want them to grow up. Does this make any sense? No? Good. I'd hate to all of a sudden be sane....it would throw everyone off.


Working on his bike. Hey, I like that wearing safety goggles is a concern for him, even at age two. Think he'll be a mechanic? Hmmm, I'd prefer something a little more Ivy League but if he can save me some money on car repairs.....well, I'll think about it. Especially if I'm driving my dream car in a few odd years. (Don't laugh. It's not very exciting but I really want a Volvo Cross Country.)


Look at my boys, chillin' on the jungle mat. Carter is always very concerned about Owen and tries to make sure that he is entertained. In turn, Owen is fascinated with Carter and usually is laughing hysterically whenever he's around.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: