Was our weekend even a weekend? I was totally thrown off with the time shift (stupid, stupid daylight savings) and the fact that I barely saw my husband inside of our home, because he spent most of the daylight hours slaving away in our Amazon jungle--I mean our yard. (Please tell me why, oh why, we still have the ancient and moronic fall back-spring forward crap. Honestly, it messes with my head now that I have kids with bedtimes, nap schedules, feedings and am trying to keep a basic sanity level. I hear some states don't even do it....how the hell does that work?)
Anyway, we did get to hang out with some friends over take out Chinese for a while, which was a nice break (even though our kids fight like two WWF contenders). So the weekend wasn't totally about yard work. Carter got to roast some marshmallows and Owen jumped around in his exersaucer like a wildman. He is definitely gonna be my camping child. He was in the best mood that I've ever seen him at Crabby Time (5-7pm); all smiles and laughs. Woodsmoke should be the new scent for baby care products...so much better than baby powder scent. Haha. ;)
This morning I woke up, got my smiley bug out of the crib, got a running hug from my crazy-haired toddler and started getting ready for Mommy & Me. I couldn't believe it was Tuesday already! I had to reschedule an appointment with the preschool I'm sending Carter to in the fall since I forgot to go on Monday.... hmmmm, wait. Oh crap. Today is Monday, I realize. I'm an idiot. Now I have to call people back at preschool and tell them I'm coming today after all. Geez. Way to make an impression. Also, I realize I don't have Mommy & Me....so what the hell do I do now?
Yeah, it was a longish day.
The Big News: my little man got into the preschool I wanted. Woohoo! I was so worried about getting him a spot in the fall 3 year old class that I didn't have any time to think about what it really meant. So after I hung up the phone I stood there a minute and let it sink in. These are my thoughts:
Ahhhh! He's just a baby. He'll be scared. No one understands him like I do. He's sensitive, they won't realize it. They won't like him. He's too rowdy for school. What if they call me and tell me to come pick him up because he's not getting along with the other students? What if he feels like I abandoned him? What if he won't behave and listen to the teacher? What if he hits other kids? What if he has one of his tantrums and no one else can deal with it like I do? What if he doesn't learn at the same pace? What if he isn't potty trained by then? What if he has an accident? Maybe I'll just homeschool......yeah right.
Yes, immediately my brain sets off on it's Worry Train. *sigh* How do I even get through a normal day...really.
We headed up to the preschool this morning and Carter was very excited to see all the kids doing "school stuff". A nice lady even read him a book from the library cart. He was all cute toddler smiles.
*****
Carter and I play this game where we think of how big we love each other. When Owen is big enough, he'll play too but for now he just coos and gurgles. My sweetie pie. Anyway, tonight it went kinda like this:
Me- I love you as big as the ocean.
Carter- I love you as big as....my Wonder Pets book! (it's a really big book)
Me- I love you as big as the sky.
Carter- I love you as big as.....Daddy's belly! (he thought this one was a good one)
Me- I love you as big as the tallest tree in the world.
Carter- I love you as big as my house!
*****
Owen has been taking a mid day bottle the last few days. One step closer to the end of a very reluctant, although necessary, weaning process (for mommy and baby). I'm proud of him that he is finally taking a bottle but terribly sad at the same time to have had to make this decision in the first place.
Anyway, that's all for now. I do have to say that I am finding it harder to blog nowadays since my oldest doesn't nap and the youngest is now awake a lot more. The only time I get to do it is at night and if I go to bed early or try to clean up my monstrously, messy house, I'm out of blogging luck.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So, you people have daylight savings in the south eh? (wink wink)
Yep Shawn, we just started wearing shoes down here, too. :) ha
I believe you.
Post a Comment