Monday, March 23, 2009

Our weekend

For a weekend away with 2 sick kids, and one with teeth trying to break through his gums, it was surprisingly relaxing. We went up to Kevin's dad and step-mom's house and had a great time. No internet, minimal sports viewing, minimal cooking for ourselves (grammy is an awesome cook and I look forward to her meals every time we go), no lawn/yard work to keep the husband busy, no dishes to do or toys to pick up and the added benefit of more hands to hold the baby and entertain the toddler (Papa and Grammy are very popular with the kids). Plus, I got to eat some Indian food on Saturday before we went to a friends St. Patrick's Day Party/crawfish boil. Yuck to the crawfish. I don't eat them. It's not my thing. They basically creep me out. As kids we would pry them out of riverbanks .... not boil them up and eat them. I cringe while my husband sucks the spice out of their heads. Uggghhh.
But good grief, I crave Indian food all the time. Why doesn't our town have any good restaurants!? Argh. We had a yummy buffet lunch but I wish I didn't fill up so quick! It was so damn good I wanted to keep going back for more. Alas, I am a glutton. So basically my weekend revolved around food.

Today Owen's First Tooth made it's appearance with #2 running close behind. Why do I feel so proud? It's just a tooth. He is a wee bit fussy but not nearly as bad as Carter when he was teething. Carter was a teething maniac....for months. Owen just had a few crappy days and Voila! Here they are! Just another way they differ, I suppose.

I forgot to mention last week that I started running again. Aiiiyeeee. I am in the worst shape of my life. Seriously. I'm not just saying that. I can feel everything jiggling when I'm jogging and I'm tired after about ohhhhhhh 10 steps or so. God, what's happened? The first day I ran 1/4 of a mile, came home gasping for breath and proceeded to have a coughing fit for the next 30 minutes. I felt like I had just smoked 3 packs of Newports. Like I hadn't taken a deep breath in a decade. What the hell? Have I used my lungs in the past year or two? Anyway, the 2nd time I ran 1/2 mile and felt much better afterwards. Slowly but surely....
I will always hate running. I'll do it though.

No comments: