Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh, just some stuff

As I'm being wrestled away from the computer.... since I am only allocated 30 seconds of time each time I sit in front of it....some randoms:

Carter: I sit in here! (trying to sit in his toy wagon) * FLIP! * Hmmmm. Maybe not...

*****

Last night we introduced 'Duck. Duck. Goose!' for the first time. Not as much fun with only the three of us but, whatever. Carter didn't quite get the "rules" per se but he understood the gist of it all. He mostly just wanted to be "it" and do the duck, duck, goose part then take off running. In fact he wasn't satisfied with just making one of us goose...he would say "Duck, duck, duck, duck.......Goose! Goose!" and hit both of us on the heads, then sprint away, laughing hysterically.

*****

Potty training = Messy, messy business. But really, it's going rather well. Most of the day (as long as we are home) he is going pee pee in the potty. I just replenished my Piece-of-Shit-Toy closet. Good grief, who would have thought that ginormouse, gag scissors would have been such a hit with the under three crowd?
Ahem. We have not tackled #2 yet... Errr, well we haven't gotten it in the potty yet, anyway. It's been in the undies and outside on the doormat. Joy. According to Carter, "It's tooo big for toilet!". Hmmmm.

*****

For smiley bug news... Tooth #2 has arrived! And with it, came a new appreciation for baby oatmeal. We have only been dabbling in the baby cereal department since I've been concentrating on weaning :( but yesterday proved to be the turning point, I think. Most of the time Owen would screw his lips up tight and blink crazily like I was trying squirt lemon juice in his mouth every time I brought the spoon near. Then, all of a sudden, he was like "Hey. This ain't so bad.....GIVE. ME. MORE!" Now my darling little bugaboo can't get that oatmeal in his mouth quick enough. In fact he almost crawls out of his highchair trying to get at the spoon. I forgot how funny this stage was.

*****

Sometimes I will read something that a 2-year-old is supposed to be doing and I'm like "Shoot. I've never showed him that!" or "How come I never thought about that?". Then I feel like a failure mother who is holding her budding genius child back.
Anyway, yesterday I read that they should be drawing simple stick figure representations of people, circles and lines (girls more so than boys). Well, Carter has the circles and lines and "abstracts" down but I've never asked him to draw anybody and he's never tried. Well, darn. Why haven't I suggested that? So we were messing around with sidewalk chalk and I asked him to draw daddy..... hahahahahaha. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it before it was destroyed. I was pleasantly surprised to see him draw a stick body and two stick legs and two stick arms all in the right spots. Then I said "Draw his head" and he said "Okay. Daddy has Biiiiig head!" and proceeded to make a giant, 18-times-larger-than-body head. Then he gave him 2 eyes and a smile. I was proud.

No comments: