Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Birds and the Bees and a Pee Pee dance

I can't get anywhere near my mailbox right now. Everytime I do, I get dive bombed by a duo of crazy, nesting birds. Apparently there is a hole in our mailbox post and they've set up a household. Mother effers. They are seriously not much bigger than hummingbirds but when they are coming at my head at 30 miles an hour I must say, it kinda freaks me out. And what's with the piercing screeches and tag team attacks? Geez.
It makes me wonder if they attack my mailman. Hmmm.
So on top of The Birds we have The Bees. These stupid, irritating, ginormous bumble bees patrol my home perimeter, mate and suck nectar from our azalea bushes (which are in full bloom). Everytime I leave my house I have to do a mad dash for my van with the kids in tow. They come out of nowhere, hover, then shoot for my head. What is with this place?

*****

Anyway, we have some Big News around here.
Get ready. Ready? Okay.
Carter pee-peed in the potty yesterday. FOUR times, no less! Yahoo!
We was butt naked and fine with it (boys at this age usually are) when all of a sudden he started begging me to put a diaper on him. I asked him if he wanted to try to potty really quick and whisked him to the seat where, lo and behold! he peed! Yeah! He got a present, he was happy, he put undies on. Cool. I'm on Parenting Cloud Nine. Ten minutes later he comes up to me and says he needs to peepee again. I don't really believe him but encouraged him anyway. But sure enough, he sat on the potty and went again. WTF? Got another present. He was happy. Twenty minutes later, it's the same thing. Back to the potty. Pee. Another present. Crap! I'm gonna be cleaned out! haha.
I've been on his case the last couple of weeks since I found out he needed to be potty trained before he starts preschool. I panicked. Finally, after a lecture from my older sister to just lay off him....which is what I initially had planned on anyway, he decided to do it on his own. Now he is getting dollar bin prizes everytime he goes and he is loving it! Some of the things he is wild about: a magnifying glass, a bug collecting kit, spiderman placemat, curious george stickers, and one warped frisbee.
We've even invented a PeePee dance. Today while Owen was napping we were in the bathroom trying to be quiet and after he went, he whispered to me "Mama, do the peepee dance!".
We are so proud of our Big Man!

No comments: