This is basically a mish mash of stuff from February. I didn't want to forget any of it so I just wrote little notes down...well, now those little notes don't quite bring it all back like I thought they would. Figures. It's just like that stupid rule that you are supposed to tie a string around your finger to remember something, but then when you look at the string all you remember is that you were supposed to remember something. Argh.
Well, I'm gonna give it a shot so forgive me if this is a wee bit choppy. I just need to catch up!
--Let's start with the fact that my 2 year old is a chatterbox. All day long he talks and talks and talks. In fact he is up to to 5-syllable words "I put it in re-fwig-er-at-errrrr". He loves learning new words and uses them at every opportunity. For example the new favorite is Humongous, which he pronounces "MONGUS!"
--Most of the time he starts a sentence with "Tell you somethin?" and then continues with what he wanted to say. It's kinda funny because he sounds like an Italian mobster 'givin' you the business'.
--Everything is "Why? Why? Why?". Kevin and I run out of answers most of the time and eventually just try to change the subject. There are only so many times you can hear "Why?" before your head explodes. Last week he threw me for a loop and after asking "Why?" fifteen times, he took a breath and said "How?". I just had to laugh.
--He knows these letters so far: S O X E Z U What do ya think? Latin major?
--Carter is obsessed with daddy's truck. He wants to hear stories at night about daddy driving to work in his truck, he wants to help daddy clean the truck with his little vacuum, he wants to help wash the truck....truck, truck, truck, infinity. Ridiculously boyish.
--I walked in the room the other day after showering and getting dressed and Carter said "*gasp* Mommy! You sooo beeyoootiful!" and then came over and gave me a big hug. Damn, but he's sweet. The unexpectedness of his heartfelt compliment (albeit a two year olds view of his mama) tweaked my heart a wee bit.
--The afternoons are loooong for us around here. Carter doesn't nap but he
does get tired so we have Crabbermeister Meistercrabber on our hands come 3pm or so. At various times I've walked into the den to find him conked out on the couch, head at an odd angle against the arm rest, legs dangling, wearing only one sock and juice cup leaking on the cushions. Well, one day I was nursing Owen in the living room and I notice that it's very quiet in the other room. I could hear his show on but I didn't hear the usual "toddler noises".....so this is what I find when I go investigate:

Yes, he is passed out in the babies exersaucer. He was sleeping so hard that even when I wrestled his limp, lanky body out of the damn thing he kept on sleeping, oblivious. I had to sit on the floor and chuckle a wee bit and snap a few photos first, of course.
--I have this little wooden chair that is 30+ years old that used to be mine when I was little. It's been stripped of its' 8 or so layers of ancient paint and needs a new look so I ask Carter what color should we paint his new chair.... "PINK!" he screams. Ha. Hmmm, not likely my darling son.
Well, there is more but I'm too tired to get to it right now. Maybe tomorrow.... Plus, I have pictures to post from the last month. Maybe I'll get 20 minutes to myself in the next couple of days :)
1 comment:
I love his little ways.
Post a Comment