I guess I'll be around for a while, people....we think. According to my doctor, I probably won't die. Gee, thanks for the upbeat neutrality, doc. Way to walk the line. Then to follow up with a heavenly message (completely normal, right?), he proceeded to Witness to me. Only in the South would I ever discuss Faith with a medical doctor.
I momentarily had to do a self check to make sure I didn't stamp my forehead with Heathen before I left the house that day. Do I exude a pagan smell? Do I not know the secret handshake?I'm sure he wouldn't have told a good Southern Baptist girl that she needed to find her faith and pray. *shrug*
Well, the last two evenings I haven't had any mini attacks or major problems going to sleep. I've almost felt halfway normal. Knock on wood but I just want to get through this, mentally unscathed.
Thanks for all the calls and emails, family and friends! I thought that maybe I was on suicide watch or something from the amount of times my phone rang this last week or so. Haha. I love you all and I appreciate your fervently held beliefs that I am not a crazy loony person.
Anyway, as I enter my birthday week I've decided to examine the post partum body. Ahem. Yes, it is a must because I am still not fitting into any clothes below the waist. I really couldn't understand it at first considering that I am not that far off from my previous weight (before baby). So now I must have a meeting with the foreman of the weight distribution department and ask him why he is not going by the original blueprints. Have they been misplaced? Do I need to hire another architect?
Ah, I wish it were that easy. I will begin running or something next week to see if I can shift this gravitational pull of all things fatty in the northward direction. I expect to post hot body pics within the month. (<--- self delusion)
Yesterday, we all went up to the park and Carter Kaneival rode his bike around the track for well over a mile (he only landed on his face once; pretty good for 2 1/2). I kept up but I was basically jogging or speed walking the whole time and I am sore! Something must be done people! This is ridiculous. I suppose chasing a toddler around your den or bending to pick up toys doesn't exactly count as high impact aerobics, huh?
Well, here's to a healthy start to my 32nd year. Happy Birthday this month to Me! As well as my nephew Eric and sister Maggie and to numerous friends and acquaintances. Gotta love us Aquarians! We even have a song written about us. ;)
Now that I'm firmly established in my 30's I can see the Love/Hate relationship I had with my 20's. I can say that I kinda miss that girl with her somewhat irresponsible & flighty ways, her travels & adventures and her shoe shopping obsessions. Ahhh, but I think I like me better now. Change is good and your 30's are made for being a grown-up. Well, for most of us, that is. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment