Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The randoms of Groundhog Day

Sometimes I catch Owen sitting there with his head cocked to the side, chewing on his finger and looking at me like, "I am so in love with this woman and I just don't know how to tell her...." . Kinda turns my heart into a puddle of goo.

*****

Today I squeezed myself into a size 6 pair of jeans. It was like a reenactment of an old Jordache jeans commercial. I could have used some sort of pulley system and a shoe horn to facilitate but I made do with a spray bottle of water (to dampen the cotton and make it stretch). Phew. Now. Can't. Breathe.

*****

If Carter starts laughing at something, Owen will then start laughing in bemused hilarity, then he'll kinda turn to me chuckling like "What are we laughing at?" and I'll start laughing because he is laughing. Pretty soon we are all laughing for no reason other than it's contagious.

*****

Three and a half weeks ago I ordered a tandem stroller (Sit & Stand) with my birthday money. One week later it arrived broken. I reordered same stroller. One week later it arrived broken. Now most people at this point would just quit but noooo, I gotta be the one to stick my finger in the socket a third time...just to make sure. So I reorder stroller. It. Arrived. Broken. What the f&%$! Ahem. I really want this stroller. It fits my price range and needs. Soooo, I reordered stroller but in a different style. We'll see if #4 arrives broken or not within the next week or so. If it is, well then I give up. I'll just duct tape my umbrella stroller to my Graco and call it the Mississippi Tandem stroller.

*****

Until having a two year old I never wished for any sort of disability...now I wish for some form of hearing impairment. Don't they come with mute buttons for Pete's sake?! He can sustain a scream for the same length as any professional Opera singer. I wonder if I could harness him for an hour a day to power our electricity needs.... Something to consider....

1 comment:

joanna said...

I wish T & C could visit and get their screams out together (while we are off praying somewhere). Sometimes my head just throbs.