Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh the funny things he says and does

While playing outside today...
Carter- "Build house, Mama!", digging with his shovel in the sandbox.
Me- "You're gonna build us a house?"
Carter- "Me build, Owen build, Dada build, Mama build us house!"
Me- "Are you gonna go into construction when you grow up? Are you going to own a flourishing construction company?"
Carter- All smiles he says, "Yeah, like dada fooo-lish!"
Hahaha, out of the mouths of babes.... :)

*****

Carter likes to "rescue" snails when he is outside. Ya know, those really small ones that kinda end up dying or drying up on the patio. He arranges them into family groups on the table and they are his pets.
So today it's windy and his Mama snail, Dada snail and baby snails kept on blowing off the table.
Carter- "Aahhhhhh! Save you shail! Hold tight!" gripping them close. He gently places them back on table but wind blows the smallest one away again.
Carter- "Ohhhh Nooooo! Baby go home.", pouting... "Shail go far, far, far, far, far, far, far away...." , followed by grumpy frown.

*****

Me- "What do you want to do today?"
Carter- "Ummm... Cook!", jumping up in the air with hands raised like it is the most ecxiting thing he could think of.
Me- "Okay, what do you want to cook?"
Carter- "Pupcakes! Pink pupcakes. Spin rooound!" making stirring motion with his hand (referring to the hand mixer).

It's a good thing that one of his christmas presents from Grammy and Papa is a K-I-T-C-H-E-N. This is the only way I can refer to this item nowadays, spelling. We spell everything. I actually had to stop myself spelling to Kevin during a conversation and Carter wasn't even in the room. In fact, he was sleeping. This is Parent Conditioning.

*****

I have the politest child on the block, now. He says Please and Thank You for EVERYTHING. All day long recently I hear "Tank you mama!" and "Pleeeeeease, mama? Pleeeeease?" with hands clasped desperately to his chest and knees bent in a type of begging crouch. We are also abusing the "Sooowrry mama" accompanied by the chin-to-chest pout. I have even had to tell him to not apologize because I'll stub my toe or something and he will apologize to me like it was his fault. Geez louise. I hope we are not giving him a complex.

****

Watching the Wonder Pets...
Pets singing "...this is Seeerious!"
Carter- "Seeerious!" singing back to the them.

*****

Carter walks into the kitchen the other day and says "Mama, tuhmmy gwowl"
Me- "huh?"
Carter- "tuhhmmy gwowl! Me hungy"
Me- "Ohhhhhh, hahahahahaha. Your tummy is growling and you are hungry??"
Carter- "uh huh, Hungy! Now!"

Where do they learn some of this stuff?

*****

Carter recently re-discovered his "practice" baby doll in the pile of toys.
Carter- "Baby Owen doll!"
Me- "Is that your baby?"
Carter- "No. Owen!"
Me- "Ahh"
So he starts talking to the baby "Owen" and putting him in the swing, "You like swing baby Owen? You like?"
Then he takes him out and carries him to his bouncy chair, "Owen you like toy chair? Baby chair like?"
Then he gave the doll a teddy graham and walked away; nurturing period officially over.

*****

And to cover both kids.....
I must say that Owen slept last night from 8pm until 5am. This was confusing to me when I woke up and looked at the clock. I thought I was dreaming.
My littlest munchkin is of course the sweetest thing on Earth and I always want to remember how he says he loves me with his full body wriggle, gummy smile and giggle. So damn cute. He's truly a lump o' sugar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a sad snail story.. I'll tell you one day. It's sad/funny. too true.Good to see you back on the Net and that you might have a sleeper(it happens you know). Sleep tight little mama.. bet your cat loves you..hehe

p.s. I finally quit smoking.

Anonymous said...

That snail story is too funny.

Salty said...

These are too cute.