I am not pleased.
Yesterday, I was rushing around trying to get us all dressed and out of the house when I took a corner too fast, except my baby toe stayed behind...hugging the doorjam. Ugh. Whenever you hear a "crunch", you know it's bad. So I dramatically fall to the floor screaming....yes, I'm obnoxious, "Ahhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhh!".
Carter pokes his head around the corner and says, "Mommy? Booboo hurt you?", to which I reply "Ahhhhhhh!".
You'd honestly think since I did the whole natural childbirth thing that little things like broken toes wouldn't phase me. Yeah well *shrug*, it hurt like hell. Pain is pain.
I figured I'd sprained it before and so maybe I should just tape it to the other toes and get on with my day (not the best idea but this was very inconvenient so therefore I was in denial). Okay, fast forward 2 stops and 4 hours later as I'm prying off my shoe; 'that's a lovely shade of purple', I think to myself, and 'my what an interesting angle...'.
*Sigh*
My least favorite thing to do: call the doctor, because I know this is going to cost me a fortune and be a totally unpleasant experience as I drag two very tired and crabby children into the office. Of course, it took two hours even though they said they could see me "right away". Limping, hauling baby in carrier and making sure toddler doesn't run into oncoming traffic is not my chosen Trifecta, if you will (I much prefer vanilla stoli, baileys and frangelico. haha, mmm).
To make matters worse, the hubband was out-of-town so the afternoon and evening was very interesting and loooooong.
I ended up being sent home with a stupid looking shoe that probably costs about $600, that I have to wear for 4 weeks. Great. No offense to the Post-Op Shoe Industry but I would much rather spend that kind of cash on some Manolo Blahnik's, thank you very much (at least then I'd get a matching pair).
Anywhoooo, that was my day. Merry Effing Christmas to me. Ha.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Feel your pain little mamma. I've broken my little toes too many times. I was a growth spurtter as a kid. I was always catching that toe. Fuckin' hurts and now my toes are kinda mangled. That ugly shoe will help.
Sadly they sell that lovely shoe at Walgreens, etc... for like six dollars. Too bad you couldn't have skipped the ER and just gone there. If we lived in the same city you could have borrowed one of mine. I think I finally collected a matching pair.
love to the mama
ouch! hope it heals fast.
merry christmas, mama!
Post a Comment