Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Target bound

Okay, so I did it.

I left the house today with 2 babies, a couple of snacks and a mission. I needed 3 birthday cards and I needed them from Target. I suppose I could have gotten them from somewhere else closer to home but I wanted a good selection and I also wanted to check out Halloween costumes.....and really, I just plain miss Target. So Kevin agrees to meet me there so that my first outing with 2 won't end in complete disaster. Yeah!
I know I didn't do it all by myself but it sure felt like I accomplished something Big. I just had to get that first outing out of the way. It's almost like losing ones virginity (TMI) or when the doctor gives you the go ahead to have "personal time" with your husband again after childbirth (really TMI). Just get it over with and the next time won't be so bad, right?
Only one minor temper tantrum from the 2 year old and some minor screaming from the 2 week old. However, I was exhausted and sweating (damn hormonal dump) by the time we got back in the van.
Okay, now I'm thinking big. The zoo next? or the park?
Hmmm.
I may have to use our toddler leash a bit more now. I can't run after Carter while toting a baby in a carrier. It's bad enough seeing me breastfeeding one while dragging the other through the house to his Time Out chair for throwing things....again. We are having issues. Tantrums and Terrors. I'm lost in them all. Night terrors scare me and tantrums piss me off. Amazingly little Owen slept through a 35 minute screaming fit last night and most of the day tantrums he just kind of blinks and rolls his eyes at, like "gimme a break, kid! I'm trying to eat here..."
Definitely dealing with high emotions in our Big Guy. It breaks my heart to see him so worked up. In fact I may be shopping for toddler sized straight jackets if this keeps up. It's freakin weird. He kicked daddy in the face last night and drove him to the the guest bed. Good grief. I'm just gonna give it time and hope that we all settle into a schedule. I just wish Carter would nap during the day more often. Today he did and everything was less traumatic by far. I wonder how tonight will go.... They say the night terrors are tied to little ones needing more sleep and quiet time. Mommy needs some, too. :)

Well, I can only be so many people in so many places at once. I will just try to be 100% mommy to both of the boys 100% of the time. Easy peasy.

3 comments:

mandi said...

It gets easier I promise!

Olivia said...

give it a few weeks, it will get better, and don't blame yourself. you can only do what you can do. hang in there

Caryn said...

85% is a good target goal these first few weeks! 100% is a lot to ask for right now! You'll get your sea legs before you know it! I remember having a tantrum of my own 4 days before Jeff went back to work...I was terrified. Now, its just life....hang in there!