What to do when your oldest child is begging to go somewhere but you really don't have anywhere you can go? I can't exactly go whereever I want with a 3 week old and a 2 year old. Most places Carter would like to go are rampant with sickly children, germs and floating viruses that his little brother can ill afford to catch this early on. Hmmm.
I cannot stand being cooped up, either. I have cabin fever. Very frustrating.
So Carter is asking me "Mama? Home? Pleeease?". This means Mama, can we please go out? For some reason he says "home" for going somewhere...I think because we say "let's go home" when we are out? I'm assuming he thinks "go home" means to go somewhere. Shrug. Who knows. Anyway, my poor under-stimulated Little Man is begging for an outing and I'm thinking Well, we are all dressed. Let's try it...but where?
Without a destination I throw the children in the van and start driving. Eureka! Drive thru's! Aha!
"Want a doughnut!?" I say. Of course I hear an excited "Yeah, uh huh!" from the back. Okay, Krispy Kreme drive-thru it is.
"WAAAAAAAHHHH!" starts Owen.
Oh goodie.
He is not much of a fan of outings yet. Give him time. Carter just looks at him like he is a disgusting slime creature and covers his ears. "Baby pry!", he says. Sigh. Yes, here we go, baby cry.
So we get doughnuts and wolf them down to the sound of Owen's tears. Then he stops.
"Yeeeah! Baby stop pry!", Carter yells.
Yeah!
But then he starts wailing again. Oh well.
Carter doesn't look pleased.
"Wanna get a special drink?", I ask him. "Yeah brink!" he yells (he yells everything these days)
He is so damn excited just to do something that 2 drive thru trips for a doughnut and a smoothie are the highlights of his day I guess. Off to Smoothie King! (Thank goodness for drive thrus, what would a mother do without them?)
Anyway, we are lame. We got our treats and came home to catch Caillou and nurse the screaming infant....again.
Lunch, you ask? Oh. Yes, well lunch was a doughnut, a smoothie and goldfish crackers. Wonderful mother I am. I topped mine off with a hunk of stale french bread. Gourmet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it. Atleast you are feeding yours something in a food group. David's first weeks, all I wanted was coffee, so I made marion ride to starbucks with me. She got chocolate covered graham crackers. You are not lame. You are surviving.
Yeah! Living that high life......(i wish we had a smoothe king)
Post a Comment