Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Differing personalities already

The difference between these two boys is already so amazing to me. The fact that I can put Owen down in his bassinet or bouncy seat and walk away without him crying is so extraordinary. Right now, as I type, Owen is peacefully napping in his bassinet. I nursed him and put him down. He fussed for a second, talked to himself and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
When Carter was a baby baby I had to carry him everywhere with me or else he screamed. He would only sleep ON me or at my bosom (which he never willingly parted with).
I just knew (mostly out of necessity) that this 2nd child would be a little more laidback. I mean he does fuss and cry but compared to his older brother at this age.....phew, what a difference.
Already, little O has grown out of his newborn diapers and a couple of newborn onesies. This is hilarious...he is so much longer than Carter was. I could go on and on about all of these little things and I really look forward to all the comparisons I'll be making in the future. This is fun. ahem. This is also very hard. What a dichotomy! (oh! the nostalgic use of college paper words...I'm a nerd)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will get easier, I swear!

Olivia said...

Hang in there Jess. And about the differences, you are right. The second one is way more laid back. Today David took a one hour nap in a wagon:)