I just want to vent for one teensy eensy minute.
I'm not sure how to work with these kids yet. Owen will be crying and Carter will be lovingly trying to "soothe" him by standing over him, screaming "Isss Otaaaay Baaaaby!" and shaking maracas or a tambourine or something. This who can scream louder tactic doesn't really work to soothe the newborn, however. So Owen is red-eyed with sleep deprivation.
Then we have the toddler, who is bouncing off of the freakin' walls every afternoon. He refuses to nap unless he is held down in a headlock in bed for a couple of hours until he dozes off by sheer accident. So I've implemented "Quiet Time". No TV after 2pm. This is my attempt at down time for his little brain so he won't wake up with night terrors. Anyway, no TV means he wants to hang with mommy and Owen in the living room....meaning Owen definitely gets no sleep now, even when nursing because Carter jumps all over mommy, the couch, "vacuums" and moves the furniture, throws his toys "HIGH!" (grrrrrrr) and generally causes a spastic ruckus. My nerves are shot.
Today I piled them both in the car for a post office drop-off and the scenic route home. Yes. I'm back to trying to get him to nap in the car....and ya know what? It worked. So there.
I will not make this a habit, though. We just can't afford to nap him this way!!! haha.
Okay, off to soothe the little one while the older one is crashed out. Sigh. Who will soothe me?
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to the joys of 2 little boys! Ian still chooses the exact time Ty closes his eyes to yell, "be very quiet...baby sleeping". Its marvelous!
Hang in there!!
Post a Comment