Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy happy?

Okay, the guilt of bitching about my child has kicked in and now I must balance the negative with the positive......and also some random things.

So yesterday we had some relatives over for a visit and Carter wanted to show off his bike riding skills. We put on his helmet and elbow pads and he jumped on his fancy big boy bike and PEDALED away around the den. What??? When did he learn this?
I swear the last time he was on this bike he just kinda rocked the pedals back and forth. Then we watch a Caillou episode where he loses his training wheels and We're Off!? Who said T.V. was bad? haha. What a Big Guy! I'm so proud of my man.

******

Today we are definitely behind. Mama is tired, so we didn't get out of our pj's until afternoon. Woohoo! Anyway, it's hard to keep clothes on this boy so I find discarded socks and pants all over the house. So what's the point really? A few minutes ago I'm walking around the house with Owen in a sling (sleeping) and talking on the phone. My half-dressed Carter is yelling "Mama??" and wandering all over the house looking for me. Finally, he "finds" me and he Harrumph's and puts his hands on his hips and says in a scolding tone "Mamaaa!", like he is disgusted with my elusive behavior. Sometimes he sounds like a 15 year old.

******

The last couple of days we are back to eating. I swear I was getting worried about his lack of calories but must have a Eat-N-Store system going on in his little body. Phew. One less worry this week.

******

My stepfather is coming to visit this weekend and I need to get some Christmas shopping done and presents wrapped to send up north with him. When exactly can I do this?? Crap. Last year I spent $100 on shipping, alone. Good grief. I can't do that this year....Hell, everyone is gonna be lucky if they get a pair of socks sent their way! :) I'm blaming it on the exorbitant rise in the cost of diapers x's two. Sorry excuse.

No comments: