Friday, May 29, 2009

Tikki Waa Waa!

The nonsense word of choice.
When he's excited, Tikki Waa Waa! When he's mad at me, Tikki Waa Waa! When he's trying to out-yell his brother, Tikki Waa Waa! When he's just goofing off or trying to make his brother laugh, Tikki Waa Waa!
This isn't the only nonsense word in use, but it is the favorite. Right now he thinks it's hilarious to come up with goofy words that don't make sense or that rhyme, especially if they rhyme with Poop or Poopy.
Yes, good ol Poop. Argh. Typical boy. In fact, one of his made up games involves saying poop or poopy in different voices and ear-piercing levels. *sigh* My future with 3 males in the house is apparently the open discussion of poop, farts, boogers, butts and penis'. Lawd help me. This is not something I was raised talking about. I don't think I ever heard the word "poop" from my mother in all my life. Think I should try for a third child? Think I'd get a girl? Ha. Fat chance. I'm not prepared to take that challenge on.

Related to Carter's use of the English language...... he still calls himself Toh-Toh. He is adamant about it. I'm not sure but I think he might have the same speech issue that I had when I was little. I couldn't say "r" at the end of some words. My sister said I sounded like I was from Boston until I was 5 years old or so. So his name is "Car" and "ter", both with that pesky "r" sound. We've worked on it but he still can't quite make it sound any different than Toh-Toh. Oh well. I'm sure it will work itself out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is a card, isn't he?!!

-K

Anonymous said...

Where are you? How can I keep up if you aren't blogging? Really do miss your writing. In case nobody has told you, you are a damn fine writer.

Anonymous said...

glad you are back blogging. so we can keep up. know you enjoyed seeing your family. took some nerve to make that car trip home with those two younguns. things have a way of working out. breathe in. breathe out.