Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May pics

This is our redneck waterpark. Usually I have the hose set up so that it's wrapped around the top of the slide. Then it becomes a waterslide and shoots him down, fast as a bullet. He loves it. Owen is just into splashing and laughing at his brother.



Ahhh, the Chair. sigh. So I had this chair when I was little (and it was old even then-from the 40's I think?) and it had about 19 layers of paint on it that I wanted stripped so I could redo it for the kids.....this is the beginning of the story. When my dad was here he finished sanding it down (it had been mostly stripped last year sometime). We were then talking about how old it was and stuff and I asked about lead paint since it had just occured to me. Duh. So yes it was most likely painted with lead paint. Great. That set me off for 2 weeks on lead testing and what-not because I am completely paranoid and neurotic. Everyone's fine (except me :) ha). So here is the end result. I know it's not professional or anything but it means more to me that I painted it for the boys. It is officially 'Unleaded', now. Good grief.


Mother's Day. Little man looks worn out, huh? That's what running around with older girls and jumping on a trampoline in 95 degree heat with get ya.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: