Thursday, January 31, 2008

I may not win Mommy of the Year award, but.....

So. We have a dysfunctional napping routine. It is always embarrassing to admit to people but it is what keeps me sane and the Child napping. Here it is: We nap only in the car. Yesssss. Horrible isn't it. Everyday around 11 a.m. or so we load up and drive around for "nite nite" time. My husband (poor man) absolutely hates that we do this because he is convinced we could put child # 2 through college with the amount of gas money that is required to "Nap" our little darling. (since when has the word "nap" become a verb, as in "I have to nap my child" ? I think this is my invention)
So look here people, don't judge me. I know what you are thinking. I've seen the looks.

Anyway, I've tried to just have him nap at home...but the stubborn little man (I wonder where he got that from....) will just NOT NAP. Now if you have or have ever had a child you will know that NO NAP is just not do-able. Not ever. So we cruise around til he nods off. Then I sit in my driveway and read books or stand outside my car and talk on the phone. My neighbors think I'm nuts, by the way.
Of course today some mad urge made me go to Taco Bell during The Nap....now I feel like I'm gonna throw up. blech.

No comments: