So we went to the zoo today. It is so small but hey, it's all we got. We took the the Big Red Beast of a wagon (which Carter loooooves) along with it's clip on umbrella to shade the little Pasha from the scorching winter sun. He looks so regal when I pull him around in it....it cracks me up. The two animals I personally like to see there are the jaguar and the tiger. It is slightly depressing that their enclosures are so small but at least they are "themed" (ya know South America, Africa,etc...).
When Carter was 9 or 10 months he pointed at the jaguar and said "kitty cat" in a slurred, first-word type manner, so I have had a special place in my heart for the big cat. Not so much anymore..... It disturbed me that he eyed my sweet little youngster like he was a juicy turkey dinner. I was immediately offended. He kept on licking his chops and pacing back and forth; eyes glazed in yummy anticipation. Momma instincts kicked in and I said "say buh-bye to the kitty" as I gave him a very dirty look. I almost flipped the jaguar off....I am ridiculous.
Then we took a train ride around the zoo which is not very exciting really but the train says "choo choo", so we like it.
So there you have it. Our day, essentially. Now begins the "waiting for daddy to get home" phase. We are like faithful retrievers at the door when he pulls up.
I promise I will post pictures on this thing soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment