Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm starting to dislike titles

What's wrong with me? I've really lost that Blogging Feeling. I'm not sure why but I'm hoping it will come back again. I suppose it may have something to do with my anxiety/panic issues the last 3 months or so. Most of the time at night I am trying to deal with all sorts of physical symptoms and I try not to go to bed too late because they just get worse the later I stay up. Make sense? No? I know. I'm a mess. Anyhow, one day I will be back to normal. I am trying to just have patience. Until that time....I may be a bit sporadic and flighty when it comes to the blog. I am trying not to drown myself in guilt because I'm not writing down all the amazingly funny things that my kids are doing or the mundane things that fill our days.

Here is a recap of the last couple of weeks:
Ahem.

Dad came down for a visit and we mostly just hung around the house. Everytime he comes down we talk about going to visit an Antebellum mansion or doing something culturally significant and then we just can't get our shit together. Really, it's because I'm either pregnant or caring for little ones, though. He got to really bond with Carter though and this was priceless. Carter ran him ragged for 11 days straight and I barely heard a complaint from the old man. It was great to see them playing so much. My dad is great because he is creative and just a big kid himself, so he makes up games from virtually nothing and he always gives 100% of himself to them. Seeing him play with Carter made me remember why I thought my dad was so great when I was a little girl. He makes the perfect playmate for a child! In fact, at family reunions or family gatherings my dad is like the Pied Piper. You will most likely see him being trailed by all the little cousins, nieces and nephews. It's always been like that.

I really miss my family. Like I've said before, it becomes kind of like a physical ache.

Anyway, hopefully we will see them all this summer. If all goes well we will be driving up to Michigan for a week's vacay. I can't wait. I'm already planning my itinerary....it mostly revolves around food....and stores. :) Lawd, help me! That drive is gonna be awful but I just can't imagine flying with all our crap. Plus, I hate flying since I became a parent.

So my dad left on Tuesday. Kevin was working out of town all week so that was a drag. I had a doctor appointment, went to the zoo, attempted storytime at the library (not so good this week), hung out with a pal and plotted my casino/hotel getaway. Man! I am lame. I was pretty damned excited to get out of town. Even though we still had to bring the baby with us (Grammy & Papa are just not up to that yet), it still feels like a vacation. Even though I am not attending the wedding we are down here for, I still feel like I'm "doing" something. Even though I'm not wearing a cute dress and heels and having cocktails, I still feel like I'm footloose and fancy free. Weird. I need to get out more.
What I am actually doing is: sitting in the dark in our hotel room with the baby asleep in the pack-n-play, listening to Beethoven, eating cheesecake and playing on the computer. My big plans for the morning include getting up at the crack-o-ass (Owen's favorite time of day), having a breakfast buffet at the casino downstairs (casino hotels are totally strange, btw), then gonna take Owie-Bo for his first pool experience. We'll check out, drive home, I'll scoop up my two year old little whiz kid and I'll squeeze him like we've been apart for weeks. Just a little night away is amazing.

P.S. Owen has discovered his hands. He kinda waves to himself and then squawks with glee. He says DaDaDaDaDadadada, BaababaMaaMaMaMa, *raspberry*, HaabababaEEEEK, YaaayayyayayYAYAYAYA, *screech*, *hysterical laughter*. He smiles at everybody (especially the ladies) and when he dissolves into baby giggles I see grown, hardened men turn all googly and speak in high-pitched voices. He has such a personality and is one of the happiest, sweetest babies I've ever known. Honestly, all he does is laugh. He totally cracks me up. Kevin and I always discuss how different our boys have been so far. Carter had a lot more frustration, impatience and drama as an infant....well, even now he is a little more high maintenance. It's like night and day sometimes. I can't wait to see how their personalities differ as they grow older.

Anyway, off to take more lame quizzes on facebook and maybe shower before I watch tv on mute. :) Ahhh, living it up. Ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Li'l Lady!!!


-Kevin