Carter is at an age right now where everyday there is a new phrase or funny story to be had. I can't write them all down but I sure do wish I could just videotape one solid week and put it away for the future. That being said, I guess I can just focus on the stand-out stories that really make me laugh, like this one:
Last night I was cleaning the kitchen and Carter was "helping" daddy with his homework. Carter drew me a picture of a bunch of big circles on a large notepad. He came into the kitchen to show me. I, of course, said they were beautiful circles and thanked him. Then I hear him in the other room telling Kevin that his Circles are very tired. I peek in to see Carter walking his Circles to bed. Well, hell. The kitchen can wait, I gotta grab this easy bedtime opportunity!
So we climb in bed and Carter tells me that his Circles would like to read books with us. Hahaha. He is cradling this large notepad in his lap and leaning against the pillows, waiting for me to get his flashlight and books. I am crackin' up.
Carter - Mama, Circles want to read books too.
Me - Okay, which one does Circles want to read first?
Carter - Umm, this one...Coooduhwoy Bear. Circles likes dis one. (then addressing the notepad in high pitched voice like talking to a baby) You want to read Bear book? You like dis one?
Me - (reading book)
Carter - (holding the notepad up so it can see the pictures)
Throughout our book reading time Carter made sure that Circles could see the pictures and would check in on him during the stories. Which one you want to read next, Circles? Wait! Circles can't see! etc...
I have no idea where this came from but it really made me laugh. Most days I'm pretty sure that I have the cutest, funniest, most adorable child in the whole wide world. It's a good balance for the days when I want to send him off to boarding school in Switzerland. :)
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think Circles may be his "Buffys and Jodies"......hahaha
Well, they say that having imaginary friends is a sign of genius....hmmm, think your jealous. I only had "Buffy's and Jodie's" because my older sister didn't want to play with me. Guilt.
Post a Comment