Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Owen, OwieBo, Owbo, Bo, Baby Bee, Stinker Pie

All about the "O".

We are getting ready for the milestone marker of turning ONE YEAR OLD. The day he can officially (according to the APA, the FDA and maybe even the PTA) have a piece of cake with frosting, honey, cows milk, and maybe even a sucker. All of the things that are magically okay as soon as we put a silly, pointy hat on him, sing obnoxiously loud while lighting a pastry on fire and putting it within arms reach. An arbitrary milestone that makes him not a "baby" anymore but a toddler......sort of.
Yikes.
Anyway, I very rarely get a chance to write about my sweet little man, so here goes....

Owen has this long wispy red hair that curls up when it's humid, otherwise it's just all-over, crazy. He has the funniest little smile and he lets you see it quite a bit. I've never seen such a happy baby! When he does get mad he has a ferocious, albeit shortlived, temper. If he gets a booboo he will cry but he's more angry about it than anything. I struggle not too laugh when he throws his little fits because I think they are so cute, especially when he gets his feelings hurt when his big brother takes a toy he was playing with or hip-checks him away from the play kitchen. What am I going to do with these boys? I think I may be the official referee from here on out. ugh.
He's a good sleeper even though I think we may be losing the afternoon nap altogether too soon. Sigh. I really needed that break....oh well.
When I put him down in his crib he grabs his blankie and puts it up to the side of his face and mouth and does this tongue-lip-suckle thing against it. Sometimes I catch him just holding it up to his face and smelling it. Hilarious. I'm not sure why he became so attached to this blankie but it's very airy and light so that's a relief for me! It was a babyshower gift when I was pregnant with Carter but he never took to a lovey or anything and so it was only a boring blanket until Owen was born and adopted it as his very own night-night, or bankie.
Last Friday (September 18th) must be remembered as the day Owen took his First Step. On step #2 he fell back and sat on his butt. He's gonna be toddling after his brother in no time, now. Man! He is fast though with his little one-legged-butt-knee-scoot-thing he does. But he wants to play like the big kids soooo much. I feel for him.
There are so many differences between my boys and I will always compare them, I think, but in a good way. I like seeing their differences and similarities. I love watching each of their unique personalities develop. Such a joy!
So, Owen says Da-Da a lot and holds up his arms to be picked up whenever he sees Kevin, can play cars and says "vroooom" while he's pushing them, says "Ahhll duuuhn" when he's finished, says "uuh- ohh" with his hands splayed outward in the air after he chucks his sippy cup on the floor, looooves loves loves his big brother and cries woefully when he can't do what Carter is doing (or if Carter kicks, hits or tackles him), gets into everything, loves playing peek-a-boo, only needs to be shown how to do something once and he's got it, eats like a lumberjack (especially scrambled eggs, peas or bananas), is learning how to "mow" the lawn with the toy mower, laughs hysterically when he gets tickled and is basically the best, most entertaining baby ever. :)

So now I feel better. It's been bothering me that I haven't written much about my little guy on here. Phew. Maybe now I can go back to whining about my health. ;)

No comments: