Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh, just more stuff

I have no time or energy to care about sentence structure or paragraph flow today (or ever, for that matter) so this is a Randoms post.


We went to Michigan in August. We drove 18 hours straight through, over night, with two children under three. It was an eye-opening experience. I would rather not repeat it. A small snapshot of the drive up: 11:30 pm, 75 mph on the highway, somewhere in Kentucky (an awful state)-- Carter wakes up screaming with a night terror, which in turn wakes up Owen who starts crying. Carter then becomes "aware" and while still screaming and crying hysterically says "Pleeeease, let me out (of carseat)!! I don't want to go to my birthday party! Mooommmmmmyyyy!". Both kids screaming and crying. Officially all hell broke loose and we stopped at a rest area and let the kids out of the car. Everyone got a refresher then it was back in the van, dvd player on, snacks and sleep (for them, at least).
It was a great trip and I really miss my family.

The day after we got back from vacation Carter started 3 year-old preschool. Woohoo! Time away from each other two mornings a week! We both needed it and he also gets to learn stuff from other people. He's a little sponge for new info.

*****

All about Carter:
Every commercial he sees now he says "I want that thing!". Little Capitalist.

He creates "Scenes", as he calls them. They are random collections of things that he places just so and then creates some bizarre story around them.

He trashes my house.

He still calls himself Toh-Toh but is working hard at saying Carter. He's gotten to where he says "Taaar-Ter!" He is proud. We are proud. He shall overcome....and if not, then people will just think we are bizarre parents who named him after the dog in the Wizard of Oz.

He and I fight pirates (imaginary) together with pointy objects (swords). He is the Captain and I am the First Mate. Obviously.

He says he wants to be a Teacher and a Doctor and he is regularly giving us Check-ups with his doctor kit.

For Halloween this year he says he wants to be the Big Bad Wolf, or a Pirate, or Spiderman, or a Doctor.....or a Doctor-Pirate......or Tinkerbell. Hmmmm.

Spongebob Squarepants is the Make-everything-better-okay-I'll-stop-crying-or-hitting-my-brother Solution. I hate spongebob but I get desperate.

He pretends that he is a Mommy and has two baby dolls that he cares for. Many of his sentences start with "When I am a mommy...." and "Mommy, I am a mommy and you are a Toh-Toh"

A couple of weeks ago he walked into the kitchen, crinkled up his nose and very vehemently stated, "Mommy. I am a mommy and I pee-pee out my 'gina." I had a hard time keeping my face straight.

He is the Pantsless Wonder.

He has 3 freckles on his nose.

He knows his ABC's and likes to sing songs to himself.

He tries my patience, presses my buttons, and drives me crazy but he is absolutely marvelous and fascinating.

*****

Our weeks fly by now since we have such a routine. Our current weekly schedule is as follows:
Monday- Hell day. This day of the week we are barely dressed, usually crying and the house is disgusting. Dinner is a free-for-all. I call my sister and harass friends via text and voicemails. I try to go running.
Tuesday- A.M., Preschool for Carter. Owen naps so then it's Mommy Time. P.M., ransack the house. Feeling more put-together today I usually cook something decent. I call my sister.
Wednesday- Countdown til the weekend. Wednesdays are generally the Pay Day and the grocery/chore day. I get to look forward to an evening show and.......I call my sister. Running maybe.
Thursday- Yeah! School again! Tomorrow's Friday! The afternoon seems really long but hey, I usually get to watch another show this evening. :) My sister calls me.
Friday - Yippeee! An American slacker day for no other reason than because we've been raised to worship Fridays as the day we can relax, dress-down and get ready for the Weekend. For us this means Kevin is gonna be home for two days and things are "different" around the house. I may or may not talk to my sister.
Weekend - Too short. Football. Laundry. Errands. Big breakfasts. A possible hour "Sleep-in" for the Director of Development. Family outings. Yard work. Very rarely talk to sister or anybody. Run?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meant to leave a comment here but instead left it in another spot. keep writing so we can keep up. writing helps plus breathing in and out. it will work itself out.